Our Beginning To Forever

Our Beginning To Forever

6.26.2011

invites//lake//pool//job

We finished our invitations and sent them all out! Let's just say we are glad to be done and we started when it was dark out and ended when it was light. We were pooped. We were way excited when we got the invites too, they look amazing! We both love them so much! My mom worked so hard on them--Thanks Mom!! 



This past week has been filled with swimming, finally! My cousin Scott and I went to the Great Salt Lake. I know what you're thinking...something like EW! Gross...Why?! Something along those lines I am sure...but its okay, because actually, it was way fun! Let me give you the run down....so basically the only thing that can live in the Salt Lake is these little shrimp things, so no need to be scared of lake monsters or fish biting you or anything, and there's certainly not a lot of people either! So the thing is, at the shore, yes it is stinky, and there are dead little shrimp things everywhere...sick. And there are tons of little gnat/fly things too! The first maybe 20 feet of the lake or so is so nasty...you are stepping in dead shrimpies everywhere, and its like squishy in your toes, and it creeps me out...but you get out past that and its all gravy. The bottom is so smooth, and the sand is nice. Its all flat and the water is actually clear! You can walk out really really far too. We walked out so far that I wanted to take a picture of Scott to see how far away he was and it took me like 10-15 minutes to swim back to shore (not like speed swimming or anything, but you know what I mean) and by the time I got back to shore and got my camera out, I honestly could not see him. At all. Pretty crazy. Oh, and the water was really warm! So yes, I want to go back and bring some friends once I make some haha and bring a ball to play catch with or something.


David and I decided to go to the public pool on Saturday! It was really fun. There were a bunch of people there, but it wasn't too bad at all. We stayed for about three hours, and we didn't have any sunscreen! David got pretty messed up, poor thing. I came out looking burnt but not nearly as bad. That was Dave's first time swimming in 3 years! CRAZY. The water was nice and warm, and there were slides and diving boards too. We definitely want to go again, maybe after we buy some sunblock. ;)


We bought David's wedding ring this weekend! So that's really exciting news! :)
Bri got a job at Morgan Jewelers (full time) and starts tomorrow! Bri will be living at Jenny & Kenny's now which is right around the corner from Dave, which is pretty sweet! Thanks to Uncle Darrell for having me and thanks to Jen and Ken for taking me! <3 We are so blessed and so excited for all of our opportunities. We decided that we will be staying in Logan, and to NOT go to Idaho. We have looked around at some apartments and town homes and found one we reallllllly like! Fingers crossed that we can get it! School is not out the window or anything, so don't worry! We will live here for a year and work, gain residency, and then David will go to school at Utah State, which is here in Logan. There is also an option for me and dental hygiene, if I still want to do that when the time rolls around. There is a technical school call Bridgerland here in town with a dental assisting program and after that I can transfer to multiple colleges...so we will see what happens. Anyways, we are so excited to be able to stay here with family, both of us have full time jobs, and also be able to do our schooling. We are so happy and can't wait to get our own place soon! YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment