Our Beginning To Forever

Our Beginning To Forever

6.12.2011

Living in Utah

So as you all know, I am now living in Utah. It has been great so far! Right now I am living with my Uncle Darrell and my cousins Scott and Carly out in Magna (outside of Salt Lake City). It is so great to see them! I never got to grow up with my Robbins side of the family too much so I enjoy seeing them and getting to know them. Scott, his friend Kristin, and I went out to a field right by our house and flew some kites the other day. Mine was batman and was awesome. We only tangled our kites once..hehe. I haven't flown a kite in YEARS. I know my Dad would be so happy! :) Last Sunday, my cousin Kristin and her husband Branden had their baby blessed at church. Afterwards there was a get together at their house with a ton of family and friends! I'm so glad that Dave and I could be there. It was so great to see my aunts, uncles, cousins and spouses, and all the kiddos and my grandparents as well! :) David got to meet them for the first time and they already love him! (who doesn't though) He's so wonderful. Yes, I have found a job as well! I work in the Fashion Place Mall (which is about 20 minutes away from home) at a clothing store called Vanity which is like a trendy women's clothing store...I have never even heard of it before but anyways; I thought all was going to be fine and dandy...so I went to the orientation, all the girls were nice and I was excited to start working. (I got the job the first week I was here in Utah) I think I am now starting on my 3rd week and I am just starting work with a whopping 5 hour shift! Yep...that's it! I am so incredibly mad. I think they could tell when I called for my schedule. So I am going to go in and give it a shot but I am looking for something else for sure. Ridiculous. Well on the weekends I get to see David and it is such a blessing. I am so glad we are actually close now. Well an hour and a half away, but that's not bad at all compared to 10 or 11!


David and I went disc golfing at a local park, it was my first time ever, and it was so much fun! I think we are going to do that more often. :) David said I did pretty good, although he is probably just being nice.

Virgil Gibbons Heritage Park.








This is where David proposed to me on 5/11/11. Yesterday was our one month mark of being engaged. :)
Dave can't keep his eyes open. I think it's hilarious! I might have to buy some tape or some glue or something to make sure they're open for our wedding photos!!! ;) Any ideas?

  • We decided to make some peanut butter ball things that Sam made one time, they were delicious. They are super easy and way good! Of course we made a mess and he put chocolate all up my nose!



Back at the park, swingin' on swings, playin' in tunnels and stuff :)



Also a little news about this past week...we got the invitations ordered! YAY! Thanks to my mommy for making them. They look so great; I can't wait to get them in the mail and ship them all off! We are finishing up ring shopping...it is, well...a process. I like diamonds too much. Shiny ones. Who woulda thought! ;) We had a redbox date night yesterday, those are the greatest. We saw 'Just Go With It' with Adam Sandler. Course we liked it! And David bought me some "cancer sticks" to go along with it. Papa Mayes got me stuck on that phrase forever now! Well I think that's about it. We will try to stay interesting for you all. Love love love you guys <3 D & B

1 comment:

  1. You two look so cute together and so happy! It is so important to HAVE FUN, even when you are old codgers like Robert and I! Sister Drake

    ReplyDelete